Sunday, November 19, 2006

First Bath and Meeting the Cali Cousins

Last night Tyler helped us give baby Marcus his first bath. We found that the saying "too many cooks in the kitchen" also applies to "too many scrubbers around a bathtub." Tyler was so excited and Marcus was awfully cute. It was a treat for me because it was the most awake I had seen Marcus since the first few hours after he was born. He sure has a very precious look and we think he is as cute as can possibly be.

As a sidetrack, Jamie wanted me to be fair and tell another story about the delivery room. While she was busy offending those trying to help; I had a moment of my own that she feels I should share with those who read this blog. For some reason, I have never had a problem with seeing blood or the actual birth of the baby. However, I DO NOT like needles. As Jamie was struggling with pain the nurse tried to se
t up an IV for Jamie. I made the mistake of looking as the needle blew a vein in Jamie's hand. Unfortunately, having had zero sleep that night and being a little stressed what with the baby coming...Well, lets just say I turned a little white, got a little weak in the knees and almost needed medical attention of my own. Fortunately, within a few minutes I was fine and really enjoyed witnessing the birth of our number two boy. However, at that moment I don't think Jamie was particularly comforted by my pale-colored self.

Back to the current happenings. Tonight, Carl's family stopped in for a quick visit and saw their newest nephew/cousin. Tyler was very excited because Adam played trucks with him and he was able to show off some of his favorite Star
Wars toys. We sure are lucky to have so many wonderful cousins, but we definitely wish that we could see more of the California Cousins. I can't believe how much both Adam and Annaka seem to grow up in between each time that we see their family. We are really looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with them and Tyler especially hopes to get lots of play time in with the Cali Cousins.

As for Marcus, he continues to sleep nearly all the time, but I did hear him give a significant cry for the first time last night. It was short lived, but good to know that at least he does have it in him to give a good cry. Funny, I remember with Tyler always wishing he could go longer periods without crying and with this one I'm looking forward to him crying to prove he has it in him. Hopefully I haven't totally jinxed this baby forevermore. I don't think Jamie will forgive me if he now becomes a major screamer just because I went and blogged that he is so quiet.

Jamie is still recovering and had a little harder day today; however, all in all she is making good progress. We are truly blessed with great health and are so grateful for it.

No comments: