Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday Temple Tradition

As you know, with work and school and everything else, I really don't get to spend all that much time at home or with Tyler. Jamie also has difficulty finding time in the week to prepare her primary lesson. So, a wonderful tradition has been born over the past few months. On Sunday mornings Tyler and I will take a special visit to the Mount Timpanagos Temple.

The trips started out as short walks looking at the flowers and have grown to a full hour of quality fun. We typically start out by sitting on the benches in front of the entrance gate. This is where Tyler reminds me that when he grows up and is a "big nice man" he will go on a mission and then get married. I'm most proud of his already establishing such worthy goals (now if he could just learn to use the big boy potty!)

A
fter a little bit of time looking at the temple, Tyler will ask to go to the park across the street. The park has a rather large stone ampitheater. Once we get to the ampitheater we will take turns walking down the stone steps to the stage and putting on little plays for each other. Of course, Tyler's plays basically consist of jumping up and down, turning a circle and sometimes a kick in the air. My plays are usually attempts to teach some life lesson while moving around enough that Tyler actually watches. This has turned into one of my favorite times every week. Tyler always claps enthusiastically for my "plays" and is normally quite eager to put on plays of his own.

I feel so grateful to have such a wonderful son. He already has such a special personality and is so anxious to please. I know that our Heavenly Father has blessed our family with one of his most special spirit children, and there are few times I feel this more strongly than on our weekly visits to the "Tempun."

Love you all,
Kent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jhk