Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fun with Galactic Heroes

The past few weeks we have discovered that the dominant Star Wars obsession gene was in fact inherited by Tyler. Although he has never seen any of the movies, he is constantly playing with his Galactic Heroes and is especially fond of his Clone Troopers (he has a green one and an orange one.) Recently he has begun requiring that one of his Troopers take every nap with him and sleep with him at night. And as soon as he wakes up, the first thing he has to do is to find the Trooper that didn't sleep with him.

The other day I had a good laugh when Tyler got creative. He had been playing with his Galactic Heroes while I was setting up his Thomas the Train tracks. Next thing I know, he was showing me that the Orange Trooper could ride on Lady! Tyler was so excited. He had found that Lady's train body fit almost perfectly under the trooper's legs. We are now working on the script for the next great Lucas Arts film entitled STAR WARS: The Battle for Sodor. Look for it coming soon to a Toddler Theater near you! (For those not as familiar with Thomas the Train, he and his fellow train engines reside on the magical island of Sodor).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be shocked given the adults in Tyler's life ( Kent, Carl, Craig) if he was anything but a STAR WARS geek. Maybe the next episode of STAR WARS needs to be Darth Vader meets Thomas the Train.

Anonymous said...

I know Kent and I had a lot of fun playing with our Star Wars toys when we were kids. It's fun to share the fun of Star Wars with a new generation now that we have children of our own. I don't know about combining Star Wars with Thomas the Train, but I guess we combined Star Wars with the girls' Glamour Gal toys when we were kids.