Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Welcome to the Blogosphere

Our recent get together has me feeling nostalgic about all the "good ole days" growing up. I feel so sad that circumstances, distance, and a bunch of other stuff has made it so hard to keep up to date on everyone. I often feel like I hear everything second or third hand. When I found this website, I knew it was time for us to enter the blogosphere (don't worry mom it is nothing like the twilight zone).

So, to get it started off, here are a few select (and random) memories from our trip to Goblin Valley and a few photos to enjoy.

I had forgotten what a riot mom is when half asleep. For those of us up late playing Rook we shall not soon forget the way the stream of snores was interrupted with a scolding, "ROD, have you offered them trail mix?" Mom is a good (if paranoid) hostess even in her sleep!

It's true what they say that what goes up must come down. Did anyone else notice how often the kids loved going up...but got a little uneasy about the coming down part. I loved the time that Adam and I climbed up a steep hill on the back of the campground. On the way down, I held my hands out for him to jump. He paused, looked at me, and in a very adult manner asked, "Are you kidding me?" We did eventually convince him that it was safe to jump.

Tyler discovered that the hat we always make him wear outside was a lot cooler once he saw all the other cousins wearing their BYU hats. Of course, he still calls it his "BU" hat!

This was Jamie's first camping experience with the Besaws. On the way home, she commented at least ten times on the fact that she never expected to eat better on a campout than she does at home. Dad, I didn't have the heart to tell her just how good we used to eat on Father's and Son's outings.

Last, but I'm sure not least...I discovered that Carl's family, Melissa's family and my family would have had a rough time making it in the caveman era unless we had separate caves. That many sweaty people in one enclosed cave...YUCK! In the words of Han Solo, "and I thought we smelled bad, on the outside" of the cave.

That's all for now. I hope everyone makes lots of posts on our new blog!

Loves,

Kent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for setting this up and capturing some of what went on on our trip to Goblin Valley. I'm looking forward to using this site and keeping current with everything that is going on.