Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Like Father, Like Son

Okay so the other day I was watching a rerun of MASH and Colonel Potter said, "I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich." Now, I have no idea if that is a MASH original, but I sure liked what he said. I find that I feel the richest when I see Tyler and feel as though I am looking through a time warp to me as a child.

Here are a couple of quick pictures to help me make my point. These pictures don't do justice to the comedy of the moment, but trust me, it was a riot to watch. A few weeks ago, Tyler was visiting his great Uncle Mike who lives up near Brigham City. Uncle Mike is raising chickens. Tyler quickly realized that the chickens were more afraid of him than he was of them. SO...of course he began chasing them all over the yard. Giggling as he went. I don't think he ever caught one, but he sure wore himself out trying.

Isn't that exactly like something I would have done as a boy? (Or last year when I went to the beach and scared off the Seagulls?)

Here is a quick fatherhood quote, "Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice." I am seeing this in Tyler already as he often disobeys mom doing things I probably taught him. I hope that in my life this is the case too, because dad definately leaves a great example for me to live up to. (Which doesn't mean his advice isn't good too, but you get the point, right?)

Now to keep this blog successful, if you read this message, leave a brief comment in the comment section below so that I know others are reading. So far Carl is the only family member to post a comment on this blog!


Love you all,

Kent

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kent!
Carl told me you had set this up and I think it is a great idea. Thanks for doing it. We'll look forward to new postings and try to do some as well so we can keep up with each other. Tyler is such a cutie!
Take care,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I guess we're lucky Kent couldn't see the alligator in the canal at the orange grove in Florida when he was about Tyler's age. Otherwise he might have chased after the alligators instead of just having Dad throw oranges at them.

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about throwing oranges at the alligators in the canal, that is the type of thing this blog is meant to help us remember!!!

Anonymous said...

Sandy sure was good to me that summer I was in Florida for FBLA. They took me to planet hollywood and then to the fountains. I kept trying to resist getting soaked, but in the end I had to get in the mix. That was also the summer that Grandpa torched me on the goofy golf course! I'm glad our blog as made it to some of you in Florida!

Anonymous said...

Regan and I are reading, we will try and post something soon. It is a good idea.

Love, Miranda