Monday, December 15, 2008

A Brief Pause


I've been a bit of a slacker with this blog, but this is a really cute story and won't take me long to write so I decided to share.

A few weeks ago, our family received an early Christmas present from my parents, a Nintendo Wii. Of course, Tyler has loved playing it (especially the boxing and the fitness assessment that lets him "see how old he is"). Recently, I showed Tyler that if his mom calls him while playing he can pause the game. This is useful so that she doesn't get upset at his lack of response and he doesn't have to lose out on his game. Now that Tyler has figured out how to pause the games, he often pauses them for the smallest little scratch or just to tell me something. Clearly, this new found power to pause is something he really enjoys.

Last night, Tyler was saying his goodnight prayer by the side of his bed. He had said a couple of "thank thee's" and then I heard this, "Uh-oh Dad! Pause the prayer!" I looked up and he was rubbing/scratching an itch on his nose. Then, as soon as he was done, he went right back to his prayer. I had a hard time not busting a gut as he finished up. It was pretty funny, but I do think maybe he needs a little better grasp on when it is appropriate to use the "pause" button.

6 comments:

T Fowler said...

That's great! Tyler is such a good kid (and smart too!). I wish I had a pause button in my life or maybe a mute button for my kids!

Melissa said...

Maybe he's on to something! I wish I could hit pause a little more often in my daily duties and activities! He's a funny one.

Anonymous said...

How sweet, I'm sure the Lord was amused too by a child's innocence. What a great little boy, he is so precious. Renae
PS I think I like blogs a little better than face book. Take care

Winnie said...

He is such a funny kid! Kids today and their new-fangled technology, when I was his age. . .

Heath said...

That is so darn cute! I love the way kids view their world and give us little glimpses of perspective once in awhile.

Leslie said...

Such a cute and funny story that you'll be so glad that you documented. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!