Friday, November 02, 2007

Halloween 2007

As is becoming tradition I wanted to get a few pictures of my boys in their costumes out for all to see. This year Tyler was a Pirate and little Marcus a cute monkey. Jamie dressed up as well using the same pirate costume she wore two (or three) Halloweens ago.

Tyler was very polite at each door and never missed saying "thank you." Also, whenever he felt comfortable he did shout out a pirate line of "Arr..I'll make you walk the plank I will." The video at the end of the blog is a clip of Tyler getting ready and practicing his "walk the plank" line.

All in all it was a fun night. Tyler did most of his trick or treating with the Laurence cousins. They were all characters from Narnia. Clayton was a sharp Peter, the twins were Susan and Lucy (I've forgotten which twin was which...sorry you two) and Morgan was the evil Snow Queen. Although given how cute she looked it is hard to think she was evil. I kept meaning to get some pictures of the cousins but in the end I never did. Once again, sorry. We need to convince them to start their own blog so that we can see all the cute things they do.

I think Tyler actually ended up preferring answering the door with me over trick or treating. He got nervous at a few doors when people had costumes on or had dogs barking in the background. I also think he has yet to fully understand the concept that the more doors he visited the more candy he scored. However, he sure got extra excited every time the doorbell rang or someone knocked at our house. He thought he was something special getting to hand out the candy.


Marcus also enjoyed getting to answer the door, but he went down pretty early. Its a shame we didn't have more for him to do because he was the cutest monkey. He knocked a few doors and took a ride in the wagon. But he only wore his costume for a couple of hours before it was time for him to hit the hay.

I'm not really a big Halloween kind of guy...but overall this was a fun one.



2 comments:

Carl said...

Thanks for the pictures. It's great seeing the boys in their costumes. However, I must admit I was expecting Star Wars themed costumes with Tyler as a Jedi and Marcus as the "Littlest Jawa"

Unknown said...

What? where's the pic of Kent in his costume?