Friday, June 06, 2008

So Much To Blog, So Little Time

Sorry for the extreme neglect (all three of you faithful readers). It is always frustrating that when I have time to blog I don't have much to talk about and when I have tons to blog about I can't seem to find the time. Well, a few short memories to fill you in on with more to come soon (I hope).

First, another funny Tyler comment. We had our first fathers and sons campout a couple of weeks back. It was nice because it wasn't far from home but was out where the boys felt they were in the wilderness. In fact, Tyler even got worried about bears when one of his friends brought them up. However, the funny thing is that when we got back Tyler said his favorite part of the campout was..."the potty building." Yes, my son was impressed by the port-a-potty they brought in just for our campout. In fact, the first time he used it he said to me, "this sure is a nice building, I wish we had one like this for our potty." Later, he said "it sure was nice of the church and Jesus to let us use this nice potty for our camping trip." What a nut!
On the trip Tyler also became addicted to "ghost stories" and has been asking me non stop ever since to tell him a new ghost story. So, if any of you know a good, kid-friendly ghost story to share, please buzz me!
Next, a brief mention about what an athletic stud I married. Jamie competed again this year in the women of steel triathlon. She even beat her time from last year and had a lot of fun with both of her sisters. The second picture down from here was taken the evening of the race wearing their race shirts and necklaces. Congrats to all three of the Blackburn sisters.
Jamie really enjoys these tri races, and I love taking the boys to see her. This year grandma and grandpa Blackburn came along to cheer as well and grandpa helped make a cool sign. Even their Uncle Gary came out for the party. That night we were treated to some fine Elk Hash as grandpa John's brother Mike came over and spoiled us all with his cooking.
I know Jamie wishes she had more time to train and that it was easier to find times to workout; however, I remain in awe of how much she does get done. She is a strong woman and I think you will all agree she takes care of two of the cutest little boys ever.


Another fun happening of late was that Tyler officially graduated from his first year of pre-school. I really wasn't expecting much, boy was I wrong. They had the coolest little program complete with graduation gowns, etc. Tyler, unfortunately, was the class clown. I have no idea where he gets it! He was totally trying to make his mom and I laugh throughout the program. Fortunately, I hear that when we aren't around he is as good as gold. It was also fun being able to see Tyler's cousin Morgan graduate as well.



Next post I'll talk more about Marcus, but for now...don't worry he is still just a total cutie. Although, I do think he is a lot like Jack Jack from the show the Incredibles. One minute he is sweet as can be and the next minute you better watch out or he'll explode on you.


4 comments:

The Laurence Family said...

Hmm. Now as I recall, Kent, while we coincidentally met at Redbox by the Lehi McDonald's, you asked if I was going to the graduation, and I said I didn't think I'd make it, and I thought you weren't going either, so I felt a bit okay with that decision, but now I see that I look like I blew off my kid because I wasn't able to get away from work! Uh-huh, so I see how things are. Well, very cute grad pics, and I also love the flexing triathlon She-Ras.

Amy said...

Thanks for the updates on our favorite Besaw cousins. Such cute boys! Congrats to Jamie on the race. That is awesome!

T Fowler said...

Okay, so I'm completely blog stalking, but I couldn't resist commenting on Tyler's appreciation of the potty at Father & Sons. That is hilarious. I was laughing out loud. Maybe it's because I have two boys and know how the potty thing goes. Also, great job on the tri, Jamie!

k8theriver said...

make that 4 readers! i love blogs. your boys are cute. your wife is skinny. chloe misses her primary class.