Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Dream Come True

Seeing that Miranda and the California Besaws have caught the blog fever makes me wish I had been better about keeping my blog up. I have tons to blog about from the summer and just never took the time to finish up my Asia Trip blogs, or tell about the races I've done or graduation and the goings on of our children. So, the next series of posts may not necessarily be in any kind of chronological order, but I'll try to put out a few pictures and tell a few stories of the things we did this summer.

Most of you know that last week Jamie took me on a trip to Chicago to fulfill my childhood dream of catching a game at Wrigley. I have to admit I got a tad emotional when I walked into the stadium. I must be wired wrong, but it really meant a lot to me to see the Ivy on the walls, the scoreboard in straight away center and to sing "Take me out to the Ball Game" during the seventh inning stretch. Jamie surprised me by how much she got into the games and seemed to really support the CUBBIES!
They won the night game 8-2, but blew a lead in the ninth inning of the day game and lost 7-4. Both games were against the Dodgers and were a lot of fun. Jamie even treated me to a Derek Lee Jersey (which she loves to tell about because we couldn't find one in my size until we shopped in the kids section of the Sears across from our hotel). Overall I couldn't have asked for a better fulfillment of my dream to see the Cubs at Wrigley. Especially because I was there with my amazing wife who really is too good to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!We definitely have missed hearing about all your activities this summer. I kept asking Carl if maybe you had another blog you weren't telling us about because it didn't seem like you to not put stuff up about your summer. So it's good to see you back. We credit you with getting this whole blog thing going over a year ago. I think the Besaw's were blogging before it was even cool!JK Anyway, it looks like you had a great time on your trip and congratulations on your graduation by the way. Take care. Keep on posting!