Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pioneer Day 2008

This year's Pioneer day was a total blast! I hope you are all willing to check out my sister's blog here because she has given a great recap of the evening at my parents' house. Rather than even try to match the sweet blog entry they have, I'll just refer to hers and add these few pics. Oh ya, I'll also add the clip of Tyler's song he made up for his favorite firework, The Sky Spider.





I do have more to add from that morning. Jamie wanted to get out and try an open water swim in preparation for our Spudman race on Saturday. So, we packed up the kids and went to Deer Creek where we met up with Jamie's sister, Tracy. They both swam and we had the kids out in little blow up rafts. Marcus loved throwing little rocks in the water and Tyler, of all things, enjoyed pulling me around the shoreline while I lounged in the boat. It was so great!







I was a little bit of a scrooge the night before. I didn't really want to get up early on a day off, pack everything up, etc. However, I'm glad we went as I had as good a time as anyone.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are some way styling swim caps! Glad you had fun at Deer Creek and made it back in time for the big party!

Heath said...

WHOA. Jamie looks smokin', tell her I said so! Isn't Spudman an olympic tri? If so, WAY TO GO, two enthusiastic thumbs up from me. That is so impressive. Do an update on her race, k?

Matthew Hansen said...

Kent, looks blazing fun. Jealous.

Anonymous said...

I used to think aliens were a bunch of mumbo-jumbo until I saw those pink- and yellow-headed things!