Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tyler's Water Belly

Last night was one of those parental moments that you could never see coming. Being the baseball junkie that I am I was watching the All-star game when Jamie and Tyler went for a little walk. When they came back Tyler drank a ton of water to cool down. We then sent him to get his PJs on. About two minutes later he came sprinting out of his room with a huge smile on his face and acting really excited. I thought maybe he had found a long lost toy or something. Instead he says, "dad wanna hear something so cool?" How do you say no to that. He then proceeds to do some little jig and asks, did you hear that? I was totally confused and he could tell so he did it again. His little belly made this very loud swishing sound and then he giggled over to his mom to show her.

He spent the rest of the bedtime routine (brushing teeth, scriptures, prayer, story etc) taking pauses to swish his belly around and each time he did it his face would light up and he would giggle for a solid minute. What a little nut!


I'm sure this is one of those experiences that you sorta had to be there to really appreciate, but I know Jamie and I definately appreciated our little Water Belly Boy.

Here is a little video we took, I don't think we caught the actual sound of the belly very well. However, Tyler's reactions are pretty great.(You can sorta make it out one of the times, but trust us, it was, indeed, pretty loud).

4 comments:

Jason said...

I'm glad the water stayed in his tummy, with all that shaking.

And darn those American Leaguers anyway!

T Fowler said...

Tyler has the best smile! I love to watch him in Primary and see his fun and amazed reactions to everything, especially Jamie when she is up front. What a fun kid.

Winnie said...

That is so cute! I love how Tyler is always excited about something. What a fun post!

I used to do that except I would jump down the stairs, that is until all the water came back up. My mom was not happy.

Heath said...

That is so funny. Does Tyler get a little camera shy? Talmage does and Tyler reminds me of him getting a little coy when attention is turned on him.

That is great footage though!